Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Blueberries!


It's a tradition in our little family to go to u-pick farms in the spring and summer and pick berries. I was afraid that when we moved from Oregon I wouldn't be able to do it anymore, but someone gave me a website that listed upick farms around here and we found a farm with blueberries. Granted, none of them are organic, but I was just glad to find anything at this point! We've only gone twice, but I wouldn't mind going back for more. The only downer is that it's so hot here you have to go before 8am so that you don't sweat to death. Getting there that early with 3 kids presented a bit of a challenge, but it was well worth it!

3 comments:

hope2adoptbaby said...

YUM! We picked blueberries too (when we were in Oregon this week!). Its so nice to have them in the freezer for later.

Nicola said...

I am so glad you are finding your way around down there!!! Thinking of you all often!

Ma and Pa Puffer said...

Hey! You are LUCKY to find blueberries to pick! This reminds me of taking Lexie to the childcare center so she could pick raspberries. She looks like a good little picker now!