We made sure to eat at a Southern BBQ restaurant while they were here so they could experience southern cooking. (I don't know why they didn't think tofu and brown rice constituted southern cooking . . . whatever!) We also had attempted to take them out to breakfast for Southern cooking, but the restaurant everybody said was awesome was closed Saturday morning so we ended up going to Waffle House. We soon found out that was NOT the place we should have gone for a Southern BBQ breakfast . . .or for food actually. But I did get my first taste of grits . . .overrated.
We went walking a few times that they were here, but our first time was the most memorable. It was a Thursday afternoon, which meant that I had the 2 little girls that I babysit. We all went walking and I'm sure it was quite a site - 5 kids and 3 adults.
Also, while they were here they made us sushi. It was really good - in fact I thought it was better than the restaurant they took me to in Utah this past summer that they love so much. Maybe they'll open up their own restaurant. Anyway, Granger and Anne, we really miss you!!
2 comments:
Ewwww, Waffle House! They're everywhere so you would think they would have good food. Bleh!
PS Best thing about the South: BARBECUE (with coleslaw and cornbread)!!
I saw your mom last night and it was so good to see her! I'm glad they got to stop by and see you on their way home. Anyway, she and Andrea and I started chatting about health stuff and I told them I was so glad to discover your love of good health too. Kindred spirits on that one.
Post a Comment