Sam seems to have a sensitivity to gluten so we are going to try and take him off of it for a while. As a result, our family has been attempting to go gluten-free. I say attempting because we live in the South and it's really hard to find some of the ingredients that I need. Plus, it takes more time so I haven't exactly jumped in with both feet. I've been trying to gradually add more and more gluten free recipes to my recipe collection and it's finally starting to add up and not be so intimidating. This week I made a few different things that turned out to be easy enough and really good. I will say that my favorite was the chocolate cake. It was amazing!!
This was my first try at making gluten free bread. I found out that baking it in a crockpot helped it to rise because of the steam. I worked out great and Sam liked the bread. Actually, all of the kids liked the bread!
These rolls were awesome and what was so great about them was that they only took about 20-30 minutes to make. That's like miracle food when it comes to gluten free. Oh, and Ben ate, like, 3 or 4 of them (another miracle)! They were really good with Strawberry jam on them.
And for the grand finale . . . Chocolate Cake!! This was so good and super rich so you could only eat one piece. That was helpful because I might have tried to eat the whole thing!
4 comments:
Awesome! You have been far more adventurous than me! K, can I have all three recipes? Good Job Amanda!
So, are you going to share the recipes? And where did you find the recipes? I'd love to hear.
I have the recipes linked on the blog posting. If it doesn't work when you click on it, let me know and I'll post the websites.
Dang, that cake looks goooooooooooooooooooooooooood. How could you tempt me like that?
Post a Comment