I realize that it's been a WAY long time since posting, but it's been an extremely busy summer. And when it hasn't been busy, I've just been lazy! At the end of June the kids and I flew to Utah to visit my family. We got in at 10pm that night and left to drive to Oceanside, California the next morning at 7am for a family reunion. The kids did really great considering they had been traveling so much. I was really proud of them on that leg of the journey.
1st Day in San Diego:

We checked out the San Diego Temple. . .

. . . went to old town San Diego. . .

. . .and drove around Lakeside and El Cajon (our old stomping grounds). This is the house where Kerri (I think), me, Dayne and Jonathon were born.
The next 2 days at the hotel we hung out at the family reunion. Here are some of the things we did -

-
swam in the pool
-hung out in the
hot tub-went to the
beach in Oceanside
-watched Uncle Dayne catch (and pretend to eat) a
crab-
caught up with family
-
enjoyed ourselves as much as possible (which was a little hard because our sliding glass door was 15 feet from the marina. . . and no fence!)

On the way home we stopped to eat lunch next to the St. George Temple. It's a beautiful temple, but it was insanely hot in St. George. Thank goodness it was a dry heat! =)
1 comment:
So fun Amanda! You are a trooper doing the trip without Ben and being pregnant. I love your pictures. We went to the San Diego temple a month or so ago and I believe that is the same little old lady temple guide that showed us her binder of temple pictures. So cute. Glad you had fun, I bet your glad to be home sweet home.
Krystal
Post a Comment