Lexi has really been itching to try her hand at sewing for a while. A friend of hers has done a few sewing projects and Lexi decided that it looked like fun. She wanted to make a baby blanket for the baby, but I made her wait until after we got back from Utah to do it (and we wanted to know the sex of the baby first as well). A few weeks ago we finally went to the store to pick out the fabric and got down to it. Luckily baby blankets don't require too much skill to put together (at least the one's that I supervise). She did a great job with it and is already looking for the next project. The only hang up we had was she wasn't tall enough to reach the pedal and hold the fabric so we switched back and forth with that - she would guide the fabric while I did the pedal and vice versa. She's really excited now that it's done and can't wait for the baby to see it!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Baby Blanket
Lexi has really been itching to try her hand at sewing for a while. A friend of hers has done a few sewing projects and Lexi decided that it looked like fun. She wanted to make a baby blanket for the baby, but I made her wait until after we got back from Utah to do it (and we wanted to know the sex of the baby first as well). A few weeks ago we finally went to the store to pick out the fabric and got down to it. Luckily baby blankets don't require too much skill to put together (at least the one's that I supervise). She did a great job with it and is already looking for the next project. The only hang up we had was she wasn't tall enough to reach the pedal and hold the fabric so we switched back and forth with that - she would guide the fabric while I did the pedal and vice versa. She's really excited now that it's done and can't wait for the baby to see it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WAY TO GO LEXI!! I'm seriously impressed.
Great Job! Tell her she's already LIGHT YEARS ahead of Aunt Kelley who's learning how to sew for the first time, at 25!
What a big girl you have there. So fun too!! Em cannot WAIT to grow a little bit more before mommy starts to let her take over sewing. What a fun project Lexi!! You did great. I'm guessing it's a girl.. CONGRATS again Amanda!! So excited for you guys!!Any names yet?
Post a Comment