Sunday, March 21, 2010

Alexis' Birthday


Alexis had a pretty monumental birthday. It was her 8th! I can't believe that I have an 8 year old. She turned 8 on the 7th and was baptized on the 13th (more on that later). She is such a good example to her brothers and is always helping me out with Stina. I don't know what I would do without her. Sometimes I see families that don't have girls for the oldest and it makes me wonder - how the heck do you guys do it? Girls that are the oldest are like mini-moms. I'd probably have to hire help if I didn't have her to help me out.

She loves being in the 2nd grade and loves her teacher. She enjoyed watching the Olympics last month and really would like to try out ice skating. Luckily there is an ice skating rink in Montgomery which isn't too far from here (I'm actually surprised there is even one in the state). Something surprising about her is that she loves watching college sports with her Dad, especially football. She's just starting to get a little into the March Madness. Go figure - she's such a girly girl. She also has started a new hobby this year - making jewelry. She's way better than her Mom and her favorite thing to make is earrings (and I'm reaping some of the benefits).

Instead of a cake or cupcakes she wanted to make cream puffs. I can't say that they turned out as good as the ones at Costco, but they didn't taste too bad. For her birthday, Sam made her a chalkboard and Dayne made her a pillowcase (with a little help). From us she got a set of scriptures and a case for them. She's been reading from them everyday. Like I said before - she's a great example to her siblings (and parents)!!

No comments: