Friday, May 21, 2010

Fun for the rest of the family

While Sam was at the hospital with Ben, the kids and I went a few places to pass the time. We dropped off Ben and Sam at 11am, but couldn't check into the hotel until 3pm so we had some hours to kill. We actually had a lot of fun despite a couple of kids missing their naps.


We made lunch and had a picnic on the temple grounds in Birmingham. I'd never been to one of the smaller temples - they're really SMALL!! I think the church building that was next to it might have been bigger. However, even though it was small it was beautiful!


After the temple we went to the zoo. It was definitely worth getting the year membership. Now we can go whenever we come to Birmingham (which is a lot). The kids loved playing in the water and it helped keep them cool in the hot weather.


They were offering camel rides at the zoo. It was a little extra, but it was worth it - the kids are still talking about it!


Without a doubt, I had to take them on the train. Dayne would have died if we didn't. Like most boys his age, he has an obsession with trains.



This was the next morning when we got to see Sam before he was discharged from the hospital.




2 comments:

Little Scholars Preschool said...

What a trooper Sam is! My kids would have died without food for that long. Glad everything went okay!

Lindsey said...

By the way, the Little Scholars comment was from me...I forgot I was signed in with my preschool account!