Friday, July 16, 2010

I love this phase. . .

My kids have been super good the past few weeks. Well, they're good most of the time, but they've really been outdoing themselves lately. Here are just a few examples:

-Alexis has been getting up with Stina in the morning for the last month. She gets her up, changes her (cloth) diaper and her clothes and brings her into me when she gets hungry. It ensures me about 1/2 hour to an hour of extra sleep. Consequently, I've been a lot happier this month! =)

-This morning I was in the livingroom and kept hearing dishes being banged around in the kitchen. I kept asking Sam what he was doing in there (of course he didn't answer - typical Sam). I walked into the kitchen and found him putting the dishes away . . . without being asked!!!

-Last night I asked Alexis to clear off the dishes from the table. Not only did she clear off the table (without giving me attitude about how she has to do everything), but she took all of the food and put it away in the fridge (ie - put it in ziplocks and rubbermaid containers), wiped off the table and washed some food off of the floor.

-Yesterday was laundry day for the kids (Lexi and Sam) and I didn't even have to ask them to do their laundry - they just remembered and did it without being asked!!!

I'm so grateful that they are at such a helpful stage and I hope it will last through the teenage years (it could happen . . . maybe).

3 comments:

Pederson Seven said...

Keep it up little Puffers!
krystal

Sam Hirt said...

I didn't know they were so handy, next time they come over I am going to just put them to work, ha

Jenean Godbold said...

Way to go Amanda! What a great mom you are. And you have them doing their own wash already--SUPER!