Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Freezin' Breezin'

Here's a picture of our new normal.  This is the kids walking to school . . . when it was "warm" (above 15 degrees).  When it's colder than that I drive them to school.  This morning it was -5 when I was driving them to school and when I got home and checked the weather, it turned out that it was -22 with the wind chill.  I found myself thinking - at least the weather is going to warm up by the end of the week (it's going to be 20 degrees).  Like I said. . . my new normal. . .

Getting my kids ready for school reminds me of the mom on Christmas Story getting
Ralphie ready.  It takes me about 15 to 20 minutes to get them all "suited up."

4 comments:

Pederson Seven said...

That is crazy cold!!! We've been enduring 25 degrees here, no snow just cold and I'm craving spring. I CAN'T PUT MY ARMS DOWN!
-krystal

hope2adoptbaby said...

That is crazy cold! We've been thinking 20 degrees is warm too...which is INSANE.

Hannah Hubbard said...

Oh you poor thing!!! You are a better person than I! Miss you all so much!

Jana said...

I feel your pain- I miss AL weather! I'd never experienced negative temps until Montana. I've decided 25-30 feels "warm" now. Oh also- I remember you talking about the Big Stone Gap books a long time ago. I just finished the first one- I'm excited to start the next one!