Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Thanks for the tag Kelley!

So, I got tagged by Kelley and now you get to know more about me than you ever thought you would (or wanted to)! Lucky you! Here goes. . .

8 Favorite TV Shows
(Okay, I'm changing this. I don't ever watch TV and I was trying to come up with some shows. I could only think of 3 or 4 and I haven't even watched those in about 6 months. I think TV has somehow been altered here in the South because nothing is on but college football and NASCAR. So I'll do books - I seem to always find time for those)
-The Peacegiver
-Pride and Prejudice
-The Twilight Series
-The Alchemist
-A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
-The Host
-The Work & the Glory Series
-The Screwtape Letters


8 Favorite Restaurants
-Provino's
-Olive Garden
-Burgerville
-Bugatti's (I loved this place in Oregon - they even had organic ketchup)
-El Azteca
-Gustav's
-Red Robin
-Macaroni Grill


8 Things That Happened Yesterday
-I woke up (it was all downhill from there - haha)
-Hung out with my friend Kim and her kids
-Went to a parent teacher conference
-Watched my friend Jana's kids
-Stayed up late with Ben and helped him with homework
-Carved a pumpkin with my family for Family Home Evening
-Did laundry
-Worked on landscaping plans


8 Things I Love About Fall
-Halloween
-Pumpkin Cookies
-Pumpkin Bread
-Living in the South during the Fall (it was in the 70's today!)
-Falling leaves
-Thanksgiving
-It's almost Christmas
-Crockpot Meals



8 Things On My Wishlist
-1 year Food Storage
-Somewhere to put it
-Finishing my 72-hour kits
-Always living somewhere warm (that's green)
-Going to Europe (mainly Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany & the UK)
-Eating 100% Whole Organic Food (Giles, you know what I'm talking about)
-Getting all of my produce from my garden (this one's going to take me a long time)
-Going to Brazil


8 Things I'm Looking Forward To
-Thanksgiving
-The end of the semester
-Christmas in the freezin' breezin' Northwest
-Settlers of Catan Marathon (see previous entry)
-Ben getting accepted into the GTA program
-Planting a Garden
-The Twilight Movie
-My own house on at least an acre and a half (so I can have my garden and chickens) and my Mom living close so she can support me in my hippie ways.


I'd tag people, but most of the people that I would have tagged have already been tagged. Lucky you again!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes! I actually have read the Host already! It is an awesome book! I keep trying to talk Anne and Kelley into reading them or at least The Host, but their too busy with school or whatever. Some people just don't know how to prioritize. We'll have to share movie comments next month! I watched the trailer again online! Aaahhh! Can't wait!

Cissy said...

Just found your blog through Kelley's blog, which I found through the Gamble's blog, and I wanted to say hello because I don't get to say it very often in person.

I would have changed the TV shows to books as well...and Pride & Prejudice and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn are also two of my favorites.

Dial Family said...

I loved getting to know more about what you are up to and what you like as a person!! You think you've known a person, but when you haven't seen them for years, things catch up with you... I loved reading about it!! I love reading about other people's tags but just not posting them.. Funny huh?

Eden said...

Amanda--I'm hippie too and love shopping organic. I wonder sometimes where I came from with this constant push in my head to improve my health, so I love seeing that you are into too. Ever read The Omnivore's Dilemma? Great stuff. So, we are related in our mutual like. Yes!

Heidi said...

Yay, I found another YC friend on Blogspot! Your family is so cute. I love reading your posts. Isn't it funny how we justify blogs as 'just for the grandparents' but I love reading about what my old friends are up to. Talk to you later. . .