Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hmmm. . . what can I call this? Stupid!

So, I have kind of a funny story to tell. Maybe a little more embarrassing than funny. Anyway, we live directly across the street from Lexi's school, but we have to walk down to the stoplight so we can cross on the crosswalk. It's kind of a pain because there's no sidewalk on our side of the road and it takes at least 5-10 minutes longer to take her to school than if I were to run across the street. If I'm just taking Lexi to school I will walk her down to the crosswalk to get to school, but when I come home I just run across the street. If I happen to have the boys with me though, I will walk back down to the crosswalk to get home (so I never take them).

Well, Friday morning Sam really wanted to go with me so I decided to let him come along. We walked down to the crosswalk like usual and dropped off Alexis at school. I was just on autopilot so we walked up to the road to cross the street (which is a 4 lane road). I saw that there was an opening so I told Sam to hurry and I started to walk (he had to run to keep up) across the street. Well, in the middle of the road Sam tripped up and fell down about half way across the street (Sam doesn't just trip up - he gives himself into the fall. He's a flopper). I tried to grab his arm and pull him up so that he wouldn't fall all of the way and he ended up tripping me. I fell flat on my face because I had both of my hands on Sam's arm. I quickly got up and pulled Sam into my arms and ran into our yard.


I ended up tearing up my favorite jeans and bruised and scuffed up my knees, face and knuckles. Sam had a little bruise on his finger, but he was physically fine. I'm alright and amazingly enough it didn't hurt and is healing fine. The worst part about it was that when I tripped up everybody saw it because it was right when all of the parents were dropping off their kids at school. I just know that all of these parents were thinking, "What is that mother jay-walking with her child for? What a terrible mother!" or laughing their heads off because I looked like an idiot!

So, now Ben has agreed to take her to school until the Christmas break - hopefully by January everybody will have forgotten who I am . . .

2 comments:

Nicola said...

That is pretty funny!!! I just have to say i love keeping up on your family blog! it is sooo fun and interesting to see what is going on and how things are!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny, but sad for you! I swear your blog cheers me up every time I read it! You are a wonderful mother and don't let a few bruises make you feel otherwise.