Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ward Campout


This last weekend we went on our first family campout. We've been meaning to go camping for a while (like 7 or 8 years), but we never seemed to make it when we were in Oregon. Our church congregation was having a campout so we decided to make our family camping debut. It was so much fun - and so easy! We showed up about 5pm, set up our tent (took longer than we thought it would), and went and had dinner that was provided. Later that night we endured a fun (and cheesy) variety show then had s'mores which was the highlight to the kids. The next morning we got up earlier than I thought possible and hung out until the breakfast was ready. This is definitely the way to camp. We only had to bring our bedding, pajamas, and tent. We didn't have to bring any food (except for snack food) and the campground was only 3.5 miles from our house. It was the best!!!

Ben being confounded by the set of instructions that came with the tent.
Seriously, it was like reading Latin. Thankfully we were finally able to
put up the tent (after enduring much ridicule from our fellow campers!).



Well, here's a picture of my belly. It doesn't look so bad - until you
realize that I'm only 3 months along (barely 3 months).



Here we were enjoying the free dinner. It was so awesome! We were eating something called "Hirt Dogs." A family in our church congregation has a secret sauce for these and they taste so good. One day they are going to be famous. Remember you heard about it here first!



Lexi and her friends hanging out inside our HUGE tent.

Sam patiently waiting for the s'mores - his favorite part!


This was so weird. Normally Dayne is up at the crack of dawn. Apparently camping takes it out of him because he slept in about an hour longer than the rest of us - and it was really bright in the morning.




This video is so awesome. Lexi and her friends were practicing for the variety show. They are singing "Old MacDonald" and the girl that is pretending to play the Ukulele does an awesome job - she even is pretending to change keys.







3 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks like so much fun! I would love to take the kids camping this summer. I wish our ward would do a campout. BTW, I have no sympathy for you and your belly. Mine could rival yours already and I'm still a month behind you. Dayne could see it poking out before we even found out I was pregnant!

Anonymous said...

So fun! Bryan and Caden went camping for the fathers and sons and now we're planning on going as a family soon. I wish we could go only 3.5 miles away! Congrats on the pregnancy! So exciting!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys are having an awsome time over there in Alabama. And congradulations on the pregnancy! I'm a little behind in my blog reading. Hopefully you aren't feeling so nauseated anymore.