Monday, September 6, 2010

Auburn Fall Sports!!!

I'm so excited - this is the best time of year in a college town!  Our family loves going to the volleyball games and watching football.  A big plus for this year is that Ben and I have season tickets for football.  Last weekend I went to my first Auburn football game.  It was soooo much fun!  I can't wait for the next one.
At the Volleyball game, Ben made sure that he showed his school spirit.  I think he wears the wig so nobody will know who he is when he's cheering.  He's pretty intense.




For the game last Saturday we actually didn't use our season tickets.  A friend of ours gave us some tickets that were awesome.  We were 11 rows up near the end zone.  Our season tickets are in the student section which is definitely rowdier than where we were on Saturday
Dayne was rolling a fake Toomer's Corner at the university library the day before the game.  The library had a tailgating party.  Dayne had tons of fun and he got lots of stuff!
Hanging out at the church's tailgate that they had - even the missionaries got to kick back for the day.  It looks like Dayne was a little preoccupied. . .
If you want to rent this parking spot for tailgating it only cost $2,000 for the season.  If you don't reserve a spot like this then you can reserve a spot on campus.  It's free, but you have to spend about 48 hours before the tailgate to stake out your claim. 
Before every home game they release the "War Eagle."  He circles the stadium then lands on the 50 yard line while everybody is screaming, "War Eagle."  It's the coolest football tradition I've ever seen!

1 comment:

Pederson Seven said...

Looks like tons of fun and great memories for the kids! That's awesome with Dayne's finger in his nose!!! Everytime I turn around Kurt has his finger up his nose. How do you teach a kid that age how gross that is and embarrassing? They just don't care:) Love the War Eagle.
krystal