Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Chickens

A couple of weeks ago we went and picked up 3 silkie chickens.  The kids totally love them and take care of them very well.  Last week Ben finished making a chicken tractor for them.  I gave him some crude drawings of what I wanted and he designed it in some CAD software.  It turned out way better than if I had done it.  It cost us very little to build it because a builder in our congregation at church gave us some of his scrap wood to use and he gave us some really good stuff.  The only downer to this post is that 2 days ago, the black silkie died during a really bad storm.  All in all though, we LOVE having chickens - Dayne loves to hold them, Alexis is the best caretaker, and Sam loves to write stories about the chickens in his journal.





No comments: