Thursday, August 1, 2013

Homeward Bound

On our way home from Idaho we decided to take a different route so that we could go through Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore.  This time our return trip took 3 days because we didn't feel like rushing home.  We were glad to be home, but sad to leave family behind.

Yellowstone:

 Strangest traffic jam I've ever been in - waiting for a buffalo to get out off of the road.  

 On the way to Old Faithful.

 Old Faithful - Dayne wasn't too impressed.
 We traveled through northern Wyoming on the way to Rushmore.  I had no idea that there were parts of Wyoming that didn't look like southern Wyoming . . . you know, actually quite beautiful.


Mt. Rushmore:
 Oddly enough, Mt. Rushmore was not as big as I had thought it would be, but still pretty cool.






Crazy Horse:
 So they still have a while to go, but this was way cooler than I thought it would be.  I wished that we'd had more time to spend here.


This is what it's supposed to look like when it's done.


No comments: