This past June we made a trek across the U.S. to visit family in Utah and Idaho. It was CRAZY! We loved being with family, but I think we'll think twice before we drive that again. On the way there we drove straight through. We left at 6pm right after Ben got home from work. What should have taken us approximately 25 hours to drive ended up taking 29 hours because we had to stop so often. Next time, with better planning, I believe that we could shave off a few hours from the trip.
Road Trip:
Ready to take off from our house.
Somewhere near the border of Wisconsin and Iowa. There's a hill behind the girls that all of the kids kept running down to get their energy out.
Finally in Utah!:
My dad took all of the kids and spouses (that could be there) out to a Mexican restaurant and it was so good!
Lexi and I tried to go on morning walks while we were there. I think she really wanted to go because we always passed these beautiful horses.
Ben and I took Lexi to see the campus of BYU. We always make fun of BYU and "Happy Valley", but always tell Alexis there's no where else we'd rather she go for school.
Fishing with Uncle Dayne:
Alexis was the first to catch a fish.
Thanksgiving Point Gardens (Family Reunion):
The Secret Garden
Up above the waterfalls.
Family Reunion Pool Party:
Apparently at least one of my children has a trait of mine - Einstein baby hair!
No comments:
Post a Comment