Every year at Auburn the Biology department puts on a "Bat Walk." We decided to go to it because there is a guy in our ward that was helping to put the presentation on. They had a short presentation and answered questions that people had about bats then brought out some bats (that I think they had recently caught) to show people. Once everybody was able to see a bat up close, they released them into the wild. After the release we all went with a "bat student" from the university out into the arboretum on campus and searched for bats. The kids actually had a really great time and Dayne won a door prize bat poster (which he then proceeded to drool into oblivion). Next year I think I'll try and remember to bring a flashlight.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Bat Walk
Every year at Auburn the Biology department puts on a "Bat Walk." We decided to go to it because there is a guy in our ward that was helping to put the presentation on. They had a short presentation and answered questions that people had about bats then brought out some bats (that I think they had recently caught) to show people. Once everybody was able to see a bat up close, they released them into the wild. After the release we all went with a "bat student" from the university out into the arboretum on campus and searched for bats. The kids actually had a really great time and Dayne won a door prize bat poster (which he then proceeded to drool into oblivion). Next year I think I'll try and remember to bring a flashlight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HOw fun for especially the kids. I am sure the boys especially loved it. It was funny, when we moved to St. George, we were out on our porch for the first night here just relaxing and enjoying the nice cool (mosquito-LESS) night, and it was just getting dark. I saw birds. I asked our new neighbor what kind of birds they were; being out even during dark and late for them and they laughed and said, "Those are bats." It was not so cool...
How cool! I'd love to go to something like that. My kids would love it too. I'm so jealous that you live by a major university and get to do all the cool college things. I miss those days!
Post a Comment