Friday, May 27, 2011

Chicken babysitting

Our friends are out of town this week so they've asked us to watch their little chickens while they're gone.  The kids are having a blast.  Ben saw them out playing with the chickens this morning and I think his heart is softening towards these cute little birds.  Just a few months ago they changed the law in our town so now you can have chickens in the city limits.  I have a feeling we soon might be getting a few of our own - as soon as I can build an industrial chicken tractor!


 Even Ben was getting in on the fun.


 Alexis always wants to hold the chickens.  (In fact, she's pestering me right now to go out and hold the chickens as I write.)




Stina, I think, is the one who has finally convinced Dad it's time to get our own chickens.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Awesome! We had chickens in both Utah and New York. In Utah we had coops behind our house but in New York Dave had to build a chicken tractor for them. I really miss having the fresh eggs!

Sam Hirt said...

they look delicious!

Trost-Family said...

We had our own chickens for 2 years and they are the most EASY, joyful pet. They make hardly any noise or mess and they make you delicious, organic eggs. Win-win situation. Think of it as living food storage. Go for it.

Trost-Family said...

That last comment was from me.

melissa

Sarah said...

Just a little tip, when they get bigger, they don't like to get petted so much. Or maybe ours just happened to see the first chickens getting the hatchet. That might have bothered them a bit.