Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dayne's Birthday



I realize that this is really late in posting, but it's better late than never! Dayne turned 2 on the 3rd of this month. Lexi was really adamant that we celebrate Dayne's birthday so she convinced us to have a party. I'm not usually good at this kind of stuff so it's good that I have a daughter that is. She had Ben put streamers up and decorate the house. That morning the kids wanted to go to the store so they could buy Dayne some presents (and they did it with their own money - it made me so proud) and they wrapped them up for him. It was a pretty fun celebration, Dayne just thought it was an extension of Christmas so he thoroughly enjoyed himself.


(note to Jill: This is my usual gluten-free/dairy-free carrot cake, but it doesn't have the tofu icing because tofu's way expensive here. Other than that - we thought of you! I'm sure you wish you could've had some.)


5 comments:

Dial Family said...

What a fun celebration!! And healthy too. Manders!! You haven't aged a bit. It's hard to see you amongst those kids and you being the mother figure there (not that your not a great mom; look wise you look amazing!!)..

Anne said...

mmm....tofu frosting...there is no way that can be real.

Sarah said...

from that title I thought you were going to make an announcement or something!!!

Eden said...

I thought there was an announcement too. Also, I'd love that dairy-free/gluten-free recipe if you feel like sharing.

Lindsey said...

Did you really say tofu frosting? I am not sure tofu and frosting go in the same sentence...but I guess I shouldn't diss it until I try it, right?