The weather ended up getting the better of us while we were there. The kids had been praying that it would snow while we were there and Heavenly Father definitely answered their prayers. Ben said that it was the most snow that he's ever seen in Oregon. (In fact, the kids prayers worked so good with the snow we're thinking of enlisting their help for other things!) The day after we flew in it snowed. We thought it was really fun. . . until it wouldn't stop snowing. It kept thawing, then freezing over, then snowing again. The cycle continued for close to 2 weeks. We only ended up having church 1 Sunday (out of 3) so we didn't get to see everybody that we wanted to. By the end of our trip I was sick of the cold and snow, but the kids had a blast. Here are a few of our pictures from vacation.
The plane ride there:
and the kids really enjoyed making a snowman!
The games:
pictures and they started posing. I love that Ben has a seriously scary look on
his face (he looks like Popeye) and Troy is pretending to chug a 2-liter.
with her cousin Grant. I'll think we're going to have to get that game!
Hanging out with Grandma:
Christmas Day:
to have Grandma and Grandpa around when the kids got to open presents. Dayne
really had fun this Christmas and LOVED opening presents. We had to make sure
that he didn't open everyone else's as well.
gag gifts were hilarious, but I think this Barbie head takes the cake. As you can
see my nephew didn't think it was very funny and Mari looks pretty disgusted.
Kent looks like he just struck gold - who wouldn't want a Barbie head?
The End!
7 comments:
Looks like a fun trip! Its always nice to be close to family again after not being with them...looks like a typical CRAZY Puffer get together! :)
I'm glad you guys had such a great time on vacation with Ben's family. I can't believe how much snow there was! My brother in law lives in Spokane and said they got 30 inches in 24 hours. I'm glad the kids had fun with it though! I love the snowman!
What a fun time! I'm still sad you didn't come to Utah, though. Maybe next year!
aww we miss you!! come back!
What a fun filled vacation!! I love spending Christmas with family. I missed it so much in Cali but loved it when the family came to our place instead. Kaleb was the one getting home (2nd to last).. Jordan is graduating (he's the one on the right of Kaleb) and then will be going on his soon after. I know what you mean, I too feel so old. Where does it all go?
BTW: wish you guys were a little closer... WE LOVE settlers (esp. cities and knights) and dominoes train game. And i can't belevei how much snow you guys got up there. How fun yet how annoying too. I'll have to make sure I getcha a list of things I need your sweet lovable kids to pray for... Like a new job...
I see that you are Auburn fans. I am an Alabama fan and being from Utah I was not very popular when Utah played Alabama. My kids are all from Alabama so we love the state.
Sounds like a true Puffer family reunion...heard the snow was unbelievable!
Post a Comment